Oyster.com, a hotel research website providing expert reviews and photos, is looking for a freelance photographer located in Sydney, Australia to join our team. As a photographer, you will travel to hotels in your town and surrounding region to tour, photograph, and assess them.
What You've Done
• You’re a professional photographer. It’s not just a hobby for you: You’ve been contracted and paid for your work. Perhaps you’ve shot weddings, breaking news, real estate, restaurants and hotels, and so on, though there’s no “one size fits all” for this role.
• Bonus points if you’ve traveled extensively and stayed in a ton of hotels, but it’s not required
What You Have
• Photography gear: You own a DSLR camera with a full-frame sensor.
• Photo portfolio: Please send a link to your online photo portfolio. It should look professional and show a good cross section of your work. (Please do not send individual photos – only links.)
• A flexible schedule! You’re a contractor with a flexible schedule – candidates with full-time jobs will not be considered.
• Car and valid driver’s license
What You'll Do
• Visit and tour hotels, often leaving home for trips around your region
• Photograph each hotel extensively, according to Oyster guidelines
• Organize and folder all images you take
• Write and submit your opinions and assessments of the hotel, which will be referenced by our writers
Who You Are
• Personable: Easy to talk to, easy to like. A great conversationalist.
• Easy to reach and quick to respond to emails/calls.
• Presentable and put-together, as you’ll be representing our company when you visit hotels
• You currently live in or near Sydney. Please don't apply if you live outside of Australia!
• Ready to travel around your region, and possibly beyond!
• Fluent in English
Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor company, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster sends trained reviewers to visit, comprehensively photograph, and critique each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
NOTE WHEN APPLYING: The resume field to the right is required. However, if you don't have a resume to attach, you can click "Paste Resume" and provide a URL to your website OR tell us a bit about yourself! A formal resume is NOT required to be considered for this role, but you will need to put something in this field.