Oyster.com, a hotel research website providing expert reviews and photos, is looking for a freelance photographer in Atlanta to join our team. As a photographer, you will travel to hotels in Atlanta and the surrounding region to tour, photograph, and assess them.
What You've Done
- You’re a professional photographer. It’s not just a hobby for you: You’ve been contracted and paid for your work. Perhaps you’ve shot weddings, breaking news, real estate, restaurants or hotels. There’s no “one size fits all” for this role.
- Bonus points if you’ve traveled extensively and stayed in a ton of hotels, but it’s not required
What You Have
- Photography gear: You own a DSLR camera with a full-frame sensor. (Such as a Nikon D810, Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Nikon D750, or Canon 6D.)
- Photo portfolio: An online portfolio of your professional photos showing a good cross section of your work.
- A flexible schedule! You’re a contractor with a flexible schedule – candidates with full-time jobs will not be considered.
- Car and valid driver’s license
Who You Are
- Personable: Easy to talk to, easy to like. A great conversationalist.
- Easy to reach and quick to respond to emails/calls.
- Presentable and put-together, as you’ll be representing our company when you visit hotels
- Ready to travel around your region, and possibly beyond!
What You'll Do
- Visit and tour hotels, often leaving home for trips around your region
- Photograph each hotel extensively, according to Oyster guidelines
- Organize and folder all images you take
- Write and submit your opinions and assessments of the hotel, which will be referenced by our writers
Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor company, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster sends trained reviewers to visit, comprehensively photograph, and critique each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.