Oyster.com, a hotel research website, is looking for a freelance photographer in Tampa, Florida to join our team. As a photographer, you will travel to hotels to tour, photograph, and assess them.
What You've Done
- You’re a professional photographer. It’s not just a hobby for you: You’ve been contracted and paid for your work. Perhaps you’ve shot weddings, breaking news, real estate, restaurants and hotels, and so on, though there’s no “one size fits all” for this role.
What You Have
- Photography gear: You own a DSLR cameras with a full-frame sensor (such as a Nikon D810, Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Nikon D750, or Canon 6D), a wide-angle lens, and an external flash.
- Photo portfolio: An online portfolio of your professional photos showing a good cross section of your work.
- A flexible schedule! You’re a freelancer with a flexible schedule – candidates with full-time jobs will not be considered.
- Car and valid driver’s license
Who You Are
- Personable: Easy to talk to, easy to like. A great conversationalist.
- Easy to reach: You are quick to respond to emails/calls.
- Presentable and put-together: You’ll be representing our company when you visit hotels
- Ready to travel: You'll travel around your region, and possibly beyond!
What You'll Do
- Visit and tour: Tour hotels often leaving home for trips around your region.
- Photograph: You will shoot each property extensively, according to Oyster guidelines
- Organize: You will organize and folder all of the images you take
- Review: Write and submit your opinions and assessments of the hotel, which will be referenced by our writers to create the hotel reviews.
NOTE WHEN APPLYING: The resume field to the right is required.
Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor company, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster sends trained reviewers to visit, comprehensively photograph, and critique each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.